WHY does the kitchen sink plug up on Friday night? You either have to pay a plumber weekend pay or wait till Monday….or, in our case, try to fix it yourself. Here’s what I learned (again) this morning:
* Pray first.
* Even after praying, claim 1 John 1:9 for all that will follow.
* Do NOT take your morning shower before fixing the sink.
* Do NOT wear shorts.
* Do NOT wear WHITE shorts.
* Wives, do NOT watch your husbands try to fix the sink.
* Wives, do NOT ask questions while your husband is under the sink.
* Wives, do NOT offer suggestions.
* Wives, do NOT hold your finger in place in the “P” section of the yellow pages while watching your husband fix the sink.
* Wives, do NOT say, “Honey, you’re getting your shorts all icky.”
* Husbands, just call the stupid plumber and be done with it.
Amidst some fun laughter AFTER the above, I told Bev I might actually be able to turn this into a humorous article for some magazine…as I did our “mayonnaise war.” (See Chicken Soup for the Couple’s Soul).